Even though client is responsible for the testimony fee, it does not mean that my testimony will be solely in your favor. I can only testify to the facts of the case and to my professional opinion.”
If all are in agreement, the following fees are in effect:
- Preparation time (including submission of records): $220/hr
- Phone calls: $220/hr
- Depositions: $250/hour
- Time required in giving testimony: $250/hour
- Mileage: $0.54/mile (IRS Business Mileage Rate)
- Time away from office due to depositions or testimony: $220/hour
- All attorney fees and costs incurred by the therapist as a result of the legal action.
- Filing a document with the court: $100
- The minimum charge for a court appearance: $1500
- If court case is located outside of 50 mile radius of counselors office, Kirkwood, MO, above fees are doubled. Client agrees to pay hotel fee if counselor is staying overnight due to case time restraints.
A retainer of $1500 is due in advance. If a subpoena or notice to meet attorney(s) is received without a minimum of 48-hour notice there will be an additional $250 “express” charge. Also, if the case is reset with less than 72 business hours notice, then the client will be charged $500 (in addition to the retainer of $1500).
Finally, all fees are doubled if counselor, Ann H. Ross, had scheduled plans to go out of town.